Looking for a Practical Nursing Program in OKC?
Are you looking for a Practical Nursing Program in OKC? If so, we would love for you to consider attending Central Oklahoma College to advance your career! Below, you will find a few questions and answers about becoming a Practical Nurse.
What do Practical Nurses typically do?
Practical Nurses can perform a variety of medical tasks in a number of settings. These include –
· Monitor patients’ health—for example, by checking their blood pressure
· Administer basic patient care, including changing bandages and inserting catheters
· Provide for the basic comfort of patients, such as helping them bathe or dress
· Discuss the care they are providing with patients and listen to their concerns
· Report patients’ status and concerns to registered nurses and doctors
· Keep records on patients’ health
What are the requirements for the Practical Nursing Program?
You can learn more about our requirements here.
Where do Practical Nurses work?
Practical Nurses work in a variety of health care settings, from hospitals to home health care.
How long is the Practical Nursing program?
Our Practical Nursing program lasts 50 weeks. At the end of the program, students will sit for the NCLEX-PN exam.
What courses will I take?
The Practical Nursing program includes courses in anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, communications, and much more. You can see more in our course catalog here.
How much does the Practical Nursing Program cost?
Our latest course catalog has the most up to date pricing. You can view it here.