R.I.S.E. Program Inc. SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The R.I.S.E. Scholarship Program is for the betterment of women and is intended to help previously incarcerated Oklahoma Women who plan on attending Central Oklahoma College in an effort to receive Cosmetology / Esthetics education, licensure, life skills, and job placement; helping give them vocational tools to live successfully as they re-enter the community after release from prison.
Who is eligible to receive the Central Oklahoma College Tuition Scholarship?
1. Eligible R.I.S.E. Program students that have been released from an Oklahoma Department of Corrections Women’s Correctional Facility in the state of Oklahoma within the last two
2. Interview and receive a reference letter from the Executive Director of the R.I.S.E. Program Inc.
3. Applicant must meet all Central Oklahoma College admission requirements.
4. Applicant shall have no pending or current cases involving misdemeanors, felony charges, or convictions while a student enrolled at Central Oklahoma College.
5. Comply with all rules and regulations of Central Oklahoma College as well as abide by all state laws, rules, and regulations of the Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering Boards.
6. Should an enrolled student withdraw or be dismissed from Central Oklahoma College, the scholarship opportunity will be void and the student will be ineligible to re-apply for the said scholarship at any time.
7. Provide permission to the R.I.S.E. Program Inc to use and share scholarship, progress, photo (with signed waiver), and graduation information on R.I.S.E. Program Inc owned domains and media outlets.
8. A maximum of 6 scholarships will be awarded each calendar year and awarded to eligible students based on first come, first serve basis.
9. Eligibility is subject to approval by the President or Vice President.
What is the amount of the Tuition Scholarship?
The scholarship is equal to 50% of remaining tuition after Pell Grant eligibility is determined. The amount can vary by student. Once Pell Grant eligibility is determined, it will be used to calculate the remaining balance that the student will be responsible for paying. The remaining balance of tuition, after scholarship and Pell Grant is applied, may be covered by financial aid (student loans). If additional loans are requested, the cost of living need will be reviewed and subject to approval.
R.I.S.E. Scholarship Applications can be obtained by contacting Admissions.